Hey guys, just moved me and my wife over from webOS on Friday. So far we're enjoying it (me so more than her, because I'm a techie. ), however one thing we both are missing and I'm sure it's out there, I just haven't found exactly what I'm looking for yet.

Let me start by saying we both have the Optimus S. I don't know if that matters, but in my searching I have read it seems that different phones do different things when place on the charger. Some the screen goes black after 30 seconds, some it dims and some it stays on at full brightness. So now on to my question...

I'm looking for the ability to plug my phone in to the charger at night and the phone automatically dim the screen as well as put just a basic clock on the screen (we have a baby so my wife's up a lot at night and likes to look over at the clock to see what time it is).

I've played with some settings but not really found anything I'm looking for. I've also played with the clock app, but it displays all kinds of other stuff and has to be opened and a button pressed to go into dim mode.

I've also played with the app settings profile lite. It seems to have some of the function I'm looking for as far as plugging into the charger and it dimming, but it's still just going to display the lock screen.

So does anyone have any ideas on this. All I'm wanting is this:

Plug phone into charger, when plugged in it switches to a "blacked out" screen with just a basic clock and the screen dims. That's it, I'm just wanting it to happen automatically when plugged in without having to open a app or hit a widget. It also doesn't have to do it immediately (it can be after the 30 second time out or whatever).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to being a part of what looks to be a great community.
    01-31-2011 02:06 PM
    I would love this too.
    Weird that HTC builds in a desktop clock, but you have to hit a few buttons to get it to come up.
    You could just use a scheduling app and have it run a clock at like 9 pm every night.
    01-31-2011 02:15 PM
    First you'd need to find a clock app that you're happy with.

Tasker can adjust the screen settings and launch whatever app you want when docked.
    02-01-2011 09:07 AM
    Tasker slowed my dinc down, it sucks when we want our cake and be able to eat it to.

Outstanding
    02-01-2011 09:14 AM
    I use the app Bedtime. It works fine and it has a setting to automatically turn on when plugged into power. It's a very customizable app.
    tony bag o donuts likes this.
    02-01-2011 09:28 AM
    +1 for Bedside. If you use Beautiful Widgets clock, you can set shortcuts for when the weather, date and clock are pressed. By default if you press the time...your clock will open or you can set them to other apps.
    02-01-2011 09:55 AM
    Another +1 for Bedside.
    02-01-2011 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD