Why can't I connect to any Google products while on my home Wi-Fi on Android devices?

A

AC Question

Cannot connect to any Google products while on my home Wi-Fi on Android devices

For the last several months I am unable to use any Google products on my Androind devices while connected to my home WiFi network. In order to use things such as Gmail, Play Store, YouTube, etc on my Android devices I have to use another WiFi network or use cellular data. Altogether, my household has an iPhone 4s, iPad air, Galaxy Note Edge, and LG G Pad 7.0. Using Google products on the iPhone or iPad works perfectly fine using any WiFi or cellular connection (my wife has her Google account for Gmail on her iPhone and I have my Gmail account for Gmail plus other Google products on the iPad). Using Google products on either the Galaxy Note Edge or the LG G Pad does not work on my home WiFi network, although it does work over cellular data or any other WiFi connection just fine. That being said, by process of elimination it seems to be an issue in the relationship between my WiFi connection and my Google account since it is happening on 2 different manufacturer brands of Android devices (both with the same Google account) and only on my home WiFi. Does anyone know of any fix to this? I'm relatively tech savvy but I have no idea what angle to attack this. I've reset my modem/router several times and power cycled my devices. I have not done a master reset on either device because it is happening across multiple devices so I'd like to try that only if needed. I'm assuming it's something with my WiFi network, as I don't know why Google would have any sort of incompatibility with one specific WiFi network, but I'm open to ideas. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cannot connect to any Google products while on my home Wi-Fi on Android devices

Welcome to Android Central! First, try rebooting the router by unplugging its power for 10 seconds, then plugging back in. If that doesn't help, then try changing the security protocol on the router--WPA2-PSK/AES generally works best. See this guide for other ideas: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

You could also try changing your DNS server: The Ultimate Guide to Changing Your DNS Server