Hello!
    I'm new here so i'm kind of a noob
    Anyways i recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo Plus with Android 4.4.4 Kitkat and 8gb of internal memory(it's basically an enhanced version of Galaxy Grand Neo).
    Will my phone wear out(start lagging,lose smoothness,degrade battery quality) if i'll be playing 3d games like GTA San Andreas or Modern Combat series?
    If no will it affect it negatively in any other way besides battery heating to around 34 °C when playing?
    P.S.-sorry if i chose the wrong category
    08-31-2015 02:48 AM
    Well in short - it will.

In long it will heat the CPU and GPU, which will lead
    to small wear out of those parts. That you probably
    never notice. The noticeable part will be your battery,
    as it will be recharged more often.

But whats the point of buying the "phone for games"
    if you wont play games on it?
    otter16 likes this.
    08-31-2015 08:48 AM
    yeah i figured as much
    it's not really a phone for gaming besides it's 5" display
    i get around 25 fps on Modern Combat 4 but San Andreas works just fine and don't get me wrong i don't play such games a lot
    maybe half an hour before i go to sleep,usually i play candy crush
    08-31-2015 09:09 AM
    As long as it isn't overheating, you will be fine

Posted via the Android Central App
    otter16 likes this.
    08-31-2015 09:29 AM
    If you're not playing that often, then you should be fine. Your phone is already getting on the lower end of the spectrum for hardware specs, so you will likely start seeing lagging due to the specs. This isn't going to really be attributed to one or two games (which go dormant when not in use), but rather programming updates that add more and more functions for the phone to process at once. Even without those games, just the updates to the system and apps can start causing issue, especially when it comes to ram use. Android is pretty good in managing ram, but there's only so much it can do to keep it flowing.

If there's more demand for ram from the apps than is available, that's probably going to be where much of the eventual lag comes from. As it fills up, Android will kill process/apps in the background to make room for other apps wanting to use it. But then those apps that were closed will soon want it back to perform their tasks and Android will have to kill something else. So now your phone will be busy constantly killing and restarting apps in the background, sucking up processor time and battery power. Incidentally, this is also why memory managers/optimizers are a bad thing. They cause this exact same problem, only by keeping ram use artificially low instead of letting the OS manage it in a responsible manner. That's another topic all together, but just know to stay away from those kinds of apps (I.e. Clean Master and such).
    otter16 likes this.
    08-31-2015 09:33 AM
    yeah i figured as much
    it's not really a phone for gaming besides it's 5" display
    i get around 25 fps on Modern Combat 4 but San Andreas works just fine and don't get me wrong i don't play such games a lot
    maybe half an hour before i go to sleep,usually i play candy crush
    If you're playing just a half of a hour a day,
    you shouldn't be worried about this being an issue.
    otter16 likes this.
    08-31-2015 10:15 AM
    thanks for replying everyone
    08-31-2015 02:30 PM