MicroSD card - working, but not detected in phone. What could the issue be?

A

AC Question

MicroSD card - working, but not detected in phone

Hello guys, I haven't found a thread exactly like my problem, so here it is. I have a 32 GB A-data Class 10 SD Card, which apparently doesn't seem to be detected ONLY in my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2). It worked fine, but I moved the phone while transferring data, interrupting the transfer and creating the problem. Now, that same card is detected on any other device, such as computers and other phones/tablets and is able to read/write data just fine, I even have some files on it right now. But my phone has trouble detecting it, when it's in there, it just says "Insert SD Card". Any ideas/help would be much appreciated, thanks guys ! Oh and formatting it didn't seem to solve the problem, I already tried that.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: MicroSD card - working, but not detected in phone

Welcome to the forums. Have you tried formatting it to something else and then back?

Cosmic Pie

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

What do you mean with "I moved the phone while transferring data"? Have tried with another card and then yours again? Sometimes it works..

mom4i4o

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

(I'm the guy with the problem)
Well, I was copying a folder of images from my phone to my computer, and I accidentally moved the phone while the process was ongoing, which resulted in failure. After that, the SD card was not detected in my phone. I tried formatting, I will do that right now again and tell you what happens, hopefully it's gonna get fixed. And yes, the phone works fine with any other cards, it is just this one that causes issues. The card seems fine, it's detected anywhere else and is able to read/write data (copy/pasting files works) ... I'm ready to give up on it if it's not fixable and just buy another card, but at the moment I'm going to try,and,with your help, hopefully get that problem solved.

mom4i4o

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

Well guys, I have apparently fixed the issue, not by formatting the SD card, but by formatting the whole phone itself. Anyway, thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it. This is now solved.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the follow up.

From my Nexus 5.
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

Miller6386

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

As a work around in the future I believe clearing data and cache for media storage would have resolved this.

Note 4tified

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance