OK, I followed most of the instructions, have the phone mostly set up, custom ringtones and pictures in. Internet settings, carrier setting are working.
    BUT:
    Where is personalization? I can't find "This phone belongs to" phone number and stuff like that
    How do you get the clock that's on the first screen to stay? It's not my first screen, but the first one that appears when you turn the phone on?
    It's digital and on the bottom of the screen.
    Samsung Apollo,
    running 2,1 whatever - I can't get used to the crazy update/os
    names. gingerbread???
    Thanks,
    Z
    01-31-2011 10:31 PM
    Try long pressing on the Home screen. For clocks and such. And things like the phone info go to settings>about phone>status. Dorbthe crazy OS names those are just code words for Google.
    zuben el genubi likes this.
    02-01-2011 07:24 AM
    If Google starts going down a cookie/sweet list, I'll be LMAO.
    I found the personalization. I had used the memo key, and got nothing until I realized the contacts had to be moved to the phone. Then I found it.
    I'll try the long press and see what happens.
    Thanks
    02-01-2011 08:17 AM
    How do you get the clock that's on the first screen to stay?
    You're looking for a clock widget.

If Google starts going down a cookie/sweet list, I'll be LMAO.
    Guess you somehow missed Donut, Eclair, Froyo and Honeycomb? That's the whole theme to the OS project names.
    02-01-2011 08:59 AM
    Are you supposed to eat it or install it? I think I can't remember the names because I don't like desserts. Green Chili is my downfall.

Where do I find a clock widget? I'd need a picture. I don't like the ones that came with the phone. They sit smack dab in the middle of the screen. I'd like it down the bottom or transparent if it has to be in the middle.

Thanks

BTW Froyo sounds like a hobbit with a speech impediment.
    02-01-2011 06:08 PM
    Try beautiful widgets it has one of the best clock/weather widget. And just look around the market after search for clocks there are a ton of different ones available.
    zuben el genubi likes this.
    02-01-2011 06:28 PM
    Found one. It will suffice for now. Stuff like clocks always seem to block the wrong part of your photo.

How do you get your list on appbrain to show on the phone? I can find the app I want, but if it's in a list on the main pc site, the list should be available somewhere on the phone. I did download some app from appbrain. I can manage apps with it but I can't find my list from the PC site.
    02-01-2011 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD