Hi, I have a huge problem... You see, I have accidently uninstalled my core messaging app on my phone and I want to know if I can reinstall the app in some way.(btw, I am rooted and have a Motorola Moto G XT1032)
    09-01-2015 09:15 AM
    I don't think you can from the Play Store as it's a core part of the system, but you can download 3rd party apps or even Google's 'stock' Messaging app.

Problem is that by uninstalling the stock messaging app in your phone you might have deleted crucial files needed for actual messaging so even 3rd party apps might not work. Again, I'm not sure if this is the case or not, but can't hurt to try.
    09-01-2015 09:33 AM
    I tried several 3:rd party apps that has the same function but whenever I try to send an SMS to somebody the app just crashes. Can I just factory reset the phone on a custom rom or something?
    09-01-2015 11:54 AM
    How exactly did you delete it? System apps take a lot of work to get rid of, it doesn't just happen.
    09-01-2015 02:09 PM
    I uninstalled it in so I could use Hangouts as deafult SMS app... However at the time I didn't know that you couldn't just uninstall the core app and install another 3:rd party app instead. Now my question, is there a way to reinstall the the default messaging app for Motorola Moto G? (PS I used root uninstaller and removed the the uninstalled app from the recycle bin...)
    09-01-2015 02:18 PM
    Please answer fast!
    09-02-2015 03:55 AM
    In some phones you need the stock messaging app installed and enabled to use a third party one. I think you've already noticed that. I did a search about the Moto G and didn't find a way to download just the app and all comments say that you'll need to flash the whole ROM. If I find something else I'll post it here. Sorry, no good news
    09-02-2015 04:21 AM
    Thanks I'm just gonna flash a custom rom, if there's not another way...
    09-02-2015 05:27 AM
    You can just re-flash the stock ROM if you don't want to dabble in custom ones. But you'd still have to find an 'official' image for your phone. Not sure if once rooted/messed with you can just do a Factory Reset to bring things back to stock, to be honest.
    09-02-2015 10:45 AM
    Can you send a tutorial how to do that SpookDroid?
    09-02-2015 11:23 AM
    Unfortunately the only guide I've seen here is for Samsung phones. And since I haven't dabbled in rooting and custom ROM installations since the original Motorola Droid (yeah, that long!), I can't say I can be of much help in this topic

But if you know how to install a custom ROM, the process shouldn't be any different... all you'd have to do is find the stock ROM image file.
    09-02-2015 12:25 PM
    Okay, thanks ☺
    09-02-2015 02:41 PM
    I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tablet LTE version and it came e with the stock (Samsung I assume) messaging app and think I did the same thing. I was in applications and dragged it to Uninstall and the realized which app I dragged. It seems to still be on the tablet as I can pull up the old messages it synced from my phone, but I don't have the icon and it hasn't dragged any new synced messages in.

Thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-07-2015 09:58 AM