Phone Not Reading NFC Tag While Wirelessly Charging

nerspike#CB

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I bought some NFC tags to use with my Nexus 5 (2013) and I was able to successfully use them with apps like Tasker (with NFC Locale Plugin), Trigger etc. I then went and put an nfc tag on my wireless car charger and the phone would not read the tag. I looked around online and saw people mentioning that this issue is because most NFC tags are not usable on metal surfaces and I guess the surface of the wireless charger is metal.

I went ahead and bought NFC tags that are designed to work on metal surfaces and I had the same issue of my phone not reading the tag if I stuck it on the wireless car charger (I also tried on a regular wireless charger I use in my house and had same problem.) I then tried pulling the plug out of the wireless charger and the phone read the NFC tag finally. Obviously there is some issue with the phone reading NFC tags while the phone is being charged wirelessly as apposed to some metal surface issue.

Please let me know if you have any idea what the issue is.

Phone: LG Nexus 5 (2013)
Android Version: 5.1.1
Build: LMY48I
Car Charger: RAVPower Qi Wireless Car Charger Dock 3-Triple Coil Qi Enabled (Model:RP-WCN14)
Home Wireless Charger: Choe Upgraded Qi Wireless Charger Charging Pad (Model: T511)
NFC Tag[1] SparkMarks High-Capacity NFC Adhesive Tags (5x Durable, Water-proof NFC Tags) 1.4 x 1.4 inches and 1mm thick, 480 bytes of memory (NFC Forum Type 1 tag with Topaz 512 IC)
NFC Tag[2] Blank White On-Metal NFC Sticker - NTAG216 - Circle - 30 mm - 888 usable bytes of data (Model: TCMV5BEKGE)

jpc1014

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I'm facing exactly the same problem. I've put the NFC sticker on the charger, during wireless charging, the NFC sticker doesn't trigger my android phone, but when I switch the charger's power off (while the NFC sticker still on it), the NFC works. Please let me know if you found a way to solve this problem.

thanks,
Jenn

swehunter2000

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I'm facing exactly the same problem. I've put the NFC sticker on the charger, during wireless charging, the NFC sticker doesn't trigger my android phone, but when I switch the charger's power off (while the NFC sticker still on it), the NFC works. Please let me know if you found a way to solve this problem.

thanks,
Jenn

There is no way to solve this issue, the wireless charger just creates to much interference for the nfc tag to be readable.

Nfc charges the same way you phone charges from the wireless charger, but in the nfc stickers case, your phone is the charger. Your phone charger just overpowers the charge coming from your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech