Copying videos from one SD card to another videos are now sideways, how can I get them right?

A

AC Question

copying videos from one SD card to another videos are now sideways

So I had a 32 GB micro SD card which between music, pictures and videos had about 1 gb left. I recently purchased a 128 Micro GB and wanted to move my music and most of my pictures/videos on to it so I would have access to them on my phone. I put the 32gb card in an adapter and then in my usb port of my pc. Several of the videos which used to have the correct orientation on the original sd card are now sideways. When I had that card in my phone, I was able to view them properly. I used Movie maker to rotate a few on my pc and I tried 3 different Android apps on my phone. They did rotate the videos but also modified the date so now I no longer know the date they were taken. My first question is why are videos on the original card now sideways when they weren't before? (and I did not transfer them to the PC, they are still on the card). My second question is how can I rotate the video without modifying the date? I found a few folks that mentioned updating some sort of Unix code. I'm pretty technical but not that technical.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: copying videos from one SD card to another videos are now sideways

What phone do you have?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: copying videos from one SD card to another videos are now sideways

Do the pictures appear normally when in a PC?

From my G4
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol