Problem with getting more than 32 gb storage on a 64 gb card, how can I use up the space?

A

AC Question

Problem with getting more than 32 gb storage on a 64 gb card.

My wife's phone had a 32 gb SD card in it and between video captures and tons of pictures she takes the 32 gb card was getting quite full. So I call Samsung Tech Support and asked if I could install a 64 gb card. The Tech said yes, no problem. So I purchased a Samsung 64 gb card, and transferred all the stuff on her 32 gb card over to the new 64 gb card. However, when she did get to 32 gb on the new card it will not store any more pics or videos. So I call Samsung Tech support again this morning and when I explained the problem the Tech did some research and replied that when you insert an SD card in an S4 the card is formatted using the "SAT 32" format. I asked if he meant FAT 32, his reply was "no" that S32 is Samsung's version of FAT 32. I then asked how can I format the 64 gb card so that all the space is usable. Long, long wait while he contacted other S4 "Experts" the reply came back was they didn't think it could be done. Frustrating. Has anyone found a way to get around using the SAT 32 limit of 32 gb on a 64 gb card?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Problem with getting more than 32 gb storage on a 64 gb card.

If you format the card inside the phone, and then pull the card and read it on a PC, what does the PC tell you the card is formatted to?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance