Hi. So my aunt has an s3 mini i8200N. It seems to have developed a life of its own. The radio turns itself off randomly as well as the volume makes its own decisions. Also it sounds like maybe S voice is randomly opening aswell.

This is what she emailed me:

"Pretty much unusable. I had to turn it off this morning, I just couldn't use it. On the way home, soon as I turned it on the bloody Hi Galaxy thing came on, then the radio switched itself off, then it was fine for about half an hour, bliss, then without warning the radio switched itself off, then soon as I switched it on again it switched itself off. And then the radio volume button was furiously going up and down. Constantly. I had to turn it off. It was like my phone has been taken over by a poltergeist or summat. Then when I turned it back on same thing. the Hi Galaxy came back. So I turned the phone off again.

So I get two things happening - 1) the Hi Galaxy thing jumps in on the radio and the radio turns itself off or 2) the radio turns itself off anyway and I don't get the Hi Galaxy.

I don't know what to do, I can't really use it, it's too unpredictable."

I believe also that (what i think is s voice shes talking about) came on whilst emailing me this morning without the earphones connected.
    Also at the weekend she downloaded a pedometer app. Didnt like it and uninstalled almost immediately. But cant recollect this happening before that was installed (from playstore and no mention of virus problems in the reviews)

Any suggestions guys? Is it hardware? Software? A virus? Can it be fixed?

Thanks
    09-10-2015 03:40 PM