I keep going back to download mode (I did not attempt to root it), why is this happening?

A

AC Question

I keep going back to download mode (I did not atempt to root it)

A while ago my phone ran out of battery; when I charged it and turned it on again, an android logo with the words "Downloading, do not turn off target..." appeared. I pulled out the battery and then turned it on again and it and it was fine, so I forgot about it, but ever since that happened, it kept happening randomly and more frequently every time. Every time I fixed it just by pulling out the battery, but today my phone went into this mode again, and even though I pulled the battery out, this kept happening until I removed the battery several times (the last time I had to remove the SIM and SD cards as well). And when it is finally all right, if I reboot it, it goes into this mode again.

I read that this mode is accessed when rooting, but I have never even attempted to do that... Any ideas on why this happens and how to fix it?

(sorry 4 english and stuff)

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: I keep going back to download mode (I did not atempt to root it)

Hi and welcome to Android Central.

It could be just trying to update. Have you tried leaving the phone for awhile to see if it eventually boots? How are you charging the phone, into a wall socket or connected to a computer?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

anarrabi

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: I keep going back to download mode (I did not atempt to root it)

Hey, um. I haven't left it too long, but it has spent like 15-20 minutes in this state, how long does it take to update?
And I always charge it in a wall socket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid