What difference does it make? And how do you know what to choose?
    09-10-2015 07:10 PM
    It depends on what you'd prefer actually. If you were new into the phone itself and wanted to test out a few apps to see which one would fit you best, you should choose Just once, means the phone would open the file/perform the action with the app once without setting it as default. This is good if you want test the app and carry on with no long term effect on your phone. If you were sure what you wanted (for example, if I get a new phone and for the browser for example, I'd always put Chrome and choose Always when opening something, so Chrome becomes my default browser) then choose Always. This would make the app your default app for performing the action/opening the file. For example, if you found your "perfect" music player, you just choose Always the first time you open a music file and every time you open a music file from that point on, this app would be launched. Of course, this can always be changed from settings > Apps > App you've chosen as default > Clear Defaults. At least that's how I know it

Hope this helps.
    It depends on what you'd prefer actually. If you were new into the phone itself and wanted to test out a few apps to see which one would fit you best, you should choose Just once, means the phone would open the file/perform the action with the app once without setting it as default. This is good if you want test the app and carry on with no long term effect on your phone. If you were sure what you wanted (for example, if I get a new phone and for the browser for example, I'd always put Chrome and choose Always when opening something, so Chrome becomes my default browser) then choose Always. This would make the app your default app for performing the action/opening the file. For example, if you found your "perfect" music player, you just choose Always the first time you open a music file and every time you open a music file from that point on, this app would be launched. Of course, this can always be changed from settings > Apps > App you've chosen as default > Clear Defaults. At least that's how I know it

Hope this helps.
    09-10-2015 07:26 PM
    That means you have more than one app to perform that action. For example, different browsers to open a link, gallery apps to select a pic, etc. You can select "just once" for that moment or "always" to set that app as default from now on. You can always clear that default action is you decide to use a different app.
    09-10-2015 07:30 PM
    All computers since about 1990 (earlier? I can't remember version of Windows that was added in) have worked that way - a file type is assigned an app to open it by default. If you don't do that, it asks each time. Open a document or picture in Windows or Mac and if you don't have a default program for that file type it'll also ask you which program to open it with.
    09-10-2015 08:01 PM