So while I,don't have much space left on my phone '169 mb', I am unable to download even a 5 Mb app. I've read countless posts and haven't seen any advice other than how to clear MORE space. I want to reiterate, I supposedly have enough space already, I don't need to clear more. I have clearedthe cache on every app on my phone, deleted pictures/videos/apps, have an sd card with 15gb+ free space, have cleared data on multiple apps, and nothing. I'm at a loss of what to do and would really rather not lose everything from a factory reset. Does anyone have any advice of what I can do?
    09-10-2015 08:12 PM
    1. Forget the SD card - the phone downloads to internal storage.

2. The phone itself reserves a certain minimum space for it to use - you can't download past that point. If it's 169MB, you're probably running Gingerbread. The phone probably has 512MB internal storage, and that's not enough for most current apps, unless you're just running a few of them. (The more space there is available, the less care developers take with making apps small - since 16GB is considered a small phone today, a phone made back when 512MB was about average is at a huge disadvantage.)

Carriers make money if you replace the hone every 2 years, but that's not the main reason they recommend it (they don't make most of their money from phone sales), it's because a 2 year old phone is getting to thew point that it can't handle current software. A 4 year old phone is almost useless, except as a phone.
    09-10-2015 08:22 PM
    How much total internal memory do you have?

No choice but to be choosy with the stuff you put in there. I had a Samsung with 16gb memory that gave me that error too.

I ended up upgrading to a phone with 32gb memory.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk
    09-10-2015 08:40 PM