Why do videos keep appearing in my gallery and reappears when I delete it?

Jennifer Mueller

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Video keeps appearing in my gallery and reappears when I delete it...help me!!!!

I can't figure out where this video is coming from. It appeared in my gallery one day. I keep deleting it, and it keeps reappearing. I can't trace it back to a new or updated app.

The file path is: /storage/emulated/0
The file name is: 68c33f3577f11563478a78e4b411b697.webm

Help me get rid of this thing. Please.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Video keeps appearing in my gallery and reappears when I delete it...help me!!!!

Do any of the apps you're using show video ads? If so, that's where it might be coming from. Are you sure that file is a video? What's in it if it is?

Jennifer Mueller

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Video keeps appearing in my gallery and reappears when I delete it...help me!!!!

I thought that was the likely issue. A couple of the apps I use show video ads, but those that I'm aware of aren't new apps...I've been using them since I got the phone a year and a half ago. It might have happened when I updated one of the apps, but I always update a ton of apps at once, so I don't know which one it would be. Is there some way to figure out which app it's coming from?

I'm sure it's a video. I played it once and watched only a couple seconds before I got annoyed and deleted it. I deleted it again this morning, but when it shows up again, I'll watch it the whole way through and then reply with a description. I'll take some screenshots too. Sorry I don't have more info.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Some apps have been updating with annoying video ads. The ones with proper coding will stream the video or save the file in a temporary folder specific for that app. Crappy coded ones will do what you're experiencing, downloading the video file to a generic folder and since you're still using said app, it keeps re-downloading the video when you delete it.

Jennifer Mueller

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

I've been trying to use the suspected/potential apps one by one to figure out which one's causing it...but it appears that it only happens randomly and not every time I use the guilty app. I will continue this investigation until I find it.