Before anything, I've read similar situations in which everyone says the SD card is doing to "die soon". This is not the case, and I can guarantee that, as the (new) 8GB Micro SD card runs perfectly on the PC.

Device is an Acer Z200 (no root) on Android 4.4.
    Symptoms: SD card gets files copied from the PC and works fine on phone until the device is turned off. On boot, the device doesn't recognize the SD card (saying it's damaged) and the process has to be done again. After learning this, I decided not to turn off the device. The SD card worked fine for over a month until the device ran out of battery. When rebooting, the SD card was damaged. When putting the SD card in the PC, the files are intact. It's just as if the phone won't even recognize this card if no changes are made on the files. Any ideas?
    09-11-2015 01:41 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Moved to the General Help forum. When you reboot the phone is the SD card just not recognized initially, or does all of the data on it get wiped clean? If it just isn't recognized, do you see a Mount button in Settings>Storage?

I believe SD support is something the manufacturer has to add on to the base Android code, so it's possible that Acer did a poor job with the firmware. Have you already tried other cards, just to see if the same phenomenon happens?
    09-11-2015 05:03 PM