Yesterday I upset a friend, and I really want to apologise to them. I suspect they may have blocked me on whatsapp, as on my iPhone I usually see the double grey ticks when a message has been delivered to his phone, which turn blue when he has read the message. Now I see just the one grey tick. Which could mean I'm blocked, or simply that his phone is switched off.

I decided to ring this morning to see what happened. The phone rang about ten times, then went to his answering service, so I left my apology.

Would I have been able to do that if my number was blocked on his phone? Will he even know he has a voicemail message from me? I assumed if I was blocked I wouldn't hear any ringing, or get the answer service. We are both in the UK, dunno if that will make any difference to the answers.
    09-12-2015 03:59 AM
    Hi, some number blockers do send blocked callers to voice mail, so your friend may have blocked you. Unfortunately unless you are able to get through to your friend and speak to him there's no way to be sure if you've been blocked. For the moment he seems to not want to hear from you. I love your screen name, "dirty and sweet oh yeah".
    09-12-2015 08:43 AM
    Yup, I'm partial to a bit of T Rex now and again :-)
    'You're dirty sweet and you're my girl'... unfortunately this girl has upset her man, and can't talk to him to say sorry!
    I did ring his phone from a landline (hid my number by using 141 first, sneaky) just to see if I got a different message. It was exacty the same. Same message, same number of rings before diverting to voicemail and inviting me to leave a message. So I'm thinking maybe he just has his phone turned off, or all his calls are diverted to voicemail and he has retreated to his man-cave to lick his wounds.
    I will just give him some space for now.
    mrsmumbles and anon8380037 like this.
    09-12-2015 10:18 AM
    That sounds like a wise course of action. Good luck!
    09-12-2015 10:45 AM