I bought a microsd HC class4 8 GB recently. This card is more than sufficient for my needs. Before this card I had one of a capacity of 32 GB which I had in my smartphone. I moved this card to my tablet and got the 8 GB for my mobile device. However after the replacement I can't transfer downloaded apps on my smartphone to the microsd of 8GB. This was possible with the 32 GB microsd. I've downloaded apps likke App2SD but this didn't work. I can only transfer apps to my phonememory and internal memory. The phone does recognize the 8 GB microsd. I wonder if this has something to do with the version of Android. My phone is a Xperia L, Model C2105. Android version is 4.2. I red something about the Kitkat version doesn't support microsd's anymore , but this is version 4.4 of Android, so this can't be the problem. There are also some other text and number based information on the microsd of 8 GB. I don't know if this is relevant. I am a very happy user of the Android OS so some help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    09-18-2015 03:10 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! KitKat is 4.4. but the SD restrictions are for apps being able to create and write to the SD card--they can do so, as long as the app has SD permissions and has taken ownership of the directory in question. See this article: KitKat and SD cards — what's fixed, what's broken and what's misunderstood | Android Central

It's always possible that the card is counterfeit or faulty. Use SD Insight to make sure the card is what it says it is.
    Mustafa Tuysuz likes this.
    09-19-2015 01:24 AM