How can I fix an error that says, unfortunately, fingerprint unlock has stopped?

A

AC Question

there's an error that says, unfortunately, fingerprint unlock has stopped.

This happened when I turned on my phone and got this error, when I click on the okay button it's still the same, the error still there. I did not enable my fingerprint lock since I got this phone. I can't open my phone, the error keep on popping up even I click on the okay button.Please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: there's an error that says, unfortunately, fingerprint unlock has stopped.

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone?

adrien30

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: there's an error that says, unfortunately, fingerprint unlock has stopped.

hey, i have the same problem with my phone... And now, i don't use it, it's blocked ... What can i do for save my phone please.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it's persisting in Safe Mode, then something went wrong with either the hardware or the firmware. There's not much you can do about the hardware besides bringing it to a repair shop or contacting the manufacturer. If you're able to reinstall the firmware, that's something to try, but the procedure will differ depending on the device (and may not be very easy--will probably require rooting, if you can do it).

Mikel Lopez

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I tried your advise to set it on safe mode unfortunately it wont work because the message is on the power off menu. Please help. My phone is O+ 8.91 Thank u