/INIT process using 90%+ CPU

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone

I've discovered an interesting issue tonight on my NS. For the past week or two, there will be days where the battery seems to go faster than normal. Battery usage showed "Android OS" consuming between 20%-30%. Sometimes it goes away on its own, other times I reboot the phone and it goes away. Googling for "Android OS" didn't turn up much.

Jump to tonight, I noticed that "Android OS" was back at 30%. So I went looking for tools and found OS Monitor. It showed /INIT using 98% CPU. This seems to be it! INIT is the core UNIX/Linux (i.e. OS) process. Rebooting the phone cured it, but I've a feeling it'll be back.

Has anyone seen this with /INIT consuming a lot of CPU and have you been able to tie it to a certain app or event that triggers it? So far I've had no luck forcing it to happen.

Sorry for long post. My web search seemed to indicate this occurs across phones, so I figured I'd ask here. The only solutions I've found is to enable "USB Debugging". But then I saw another post where they thought that setting seemed to cause random reboots. I was hoping someone here may have found something.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo