Samsung Galaxy Tab A - Desktop does not detect?

GasFlagPolice

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Tab A - SM-T550NKZAPXAR - Android Lollipop Version 5.0.2

Samsung Product Page: www samsung com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab/SM-T550NZAAXAR

Mine is Costco's 32GB variant.

Issue: Unable to get my desktop (Windows 7) to recognize a Samsung Galaxy Tab A & display in My Computer. Some months ago (around December) I had no issue getting the same desktop to work with a Galaxy Tab 4 (10.1 inch).

Nothing is displaying in the Windows System Tray & nothing on the tablet notification display either.

So far I've tried:

* restarts of both devices
* driver/Windows updates
* multiple USB ports
* using the original tablet USB cord

Any ideas?

*Feature* of a newer Android update?

Could this have something to do with previously using an earlier Samsung Tablet?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the very informative post! I wish everyone would post their relevant info like this! Sadly, new people normally leave EVERYTHING out! (my small rant there!)

Are you using the USB cable that came with your tablet? There are two types of USB cables... one just for charging (no data lines), and one for charging and data. The cable that came with your tablet will certainly pass data and power. Since there's no apparent communication, it could be missing drivers, the wrong type cable, a bad USB port on your tablet or PC... or possibly a weak USB port if you're using the front ports on your PC. You might try a different cable and a USB port on the back of the PC.

The three things Windows needs to communicate with your phone are...
1) At least WMP 11 ... more specifically the run time files.
2) Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework
3) Samsung Drivers

Windows 7 should already contain #1 & 2, and you have to install #3. You say you installed a driver. Did you update the Samsung driver to the newest version? If not, that might be a good idea.

Also, open your Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services... and see if "Windows Driver Foundation - User-Mode Driver Framework" is listed. Also, see if it's set to Start Automatically and that it's Started. If it's not in the list, you're going to have to install it. You can get it from HERE.

When you connect your phone to the PC, what should happen is the User-Mode driver should start. If you open Task Manager, you should see WudfHost.exe in the Processes list. If you don't, then you may have to reinstall the UMDF driver.

Anyways, go check on these things and see if it'll help you along. It's quite late for me so I gotta go crash! I'll get back here tomorrow morning sometime.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay