Is there a how to root your LG for dummies?

Heavenly Knyte

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
is there a how to root your LG for dummies?

after several days of denying the droid update it downloaded itself and since them my phone has not worked very well. the lag is terrible, the control has all but stopped working. and wont open installed apps like facebook or firefox, i disable the google and other apps i dont use( but always had them disabled).. so i reset the phone but nothing helps. so i was wanting to try and root the phone but i dont want to brick it. So is there a how to guide for stupid people like me?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: is there a how to root your LG for dummies?

When you say you "reset" the phone, do you mean you did a factory reset from the recovery menu? Whenever the OS is updated, it's recommended to boot into recovery and wipe the cache partition and do a factory reset. Naturally, the factory reset will also wipe your data, so be sure to back up everything you don't want to lose... contacts, pics, vids, etc.

As far as rooting the phone, you already know the risks. If you're not up on how to root your phone, I really advise you not to do it until you read a ton of material, including how to unbrick your phone... give yourself like 2 weeks to learn what you need to learn before jumping in. Unfortunately, I can't point you to rooting for dummies for LG's, but if you do a Google search with the words "root and your LG model number", I'm sure you'll get some hits. The XDA forums would also be a good place to search for root methods... they're #1 for rooting methods as far as I'm concerned.

Heavenly Knyte

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site

yes i have done a factory reset three times since the phone stopped working. and now its actually bootlooping now.. i really need to fix it. i run a small side hobby for creating edits for roleplayers. and all of tools i use are only available on mobile apps. so its really important i get it back. the phone is only 8 months old

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

Besides the factory reset, you need to clear/wipe the cache partition in recovery. It might be holding some of the old OS cache and messing up your boot.

I don't know which phone you have, but search Google for how to boot into Safe Mode for your model number. If you can boot to safe mode, disable all apps you installed to see if one of them is affecting your phone bootup. A lot of times, a few apps may not play well with an OS update.

The only other thing I can think of is to contact whoever you bought your phone from, or your carrier, to see if they can help you. If the phone is only 8 months old, it should still be in the 1 year warranty period.

Heavenly Knyte

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site

its a tribute from lg or Ls660 rather. i love the phone and ease of it so i would really like to get it to work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC