How to root the HP Zeen C150 tablet

Tyrone30

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I purchased the HP eStation printer and it has the Zeen tablet running android 2.1. Has anyone rooted this device yet? If you have can you please share how to do it?

enice2

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I own one of this just update a few weeks ago to 2.2, now running flash 10.2 on my hp zeen. Also install a few apps like skype, angry birds, facebook for android

Jodigurl

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
i can't get it to update... and i want to put android app on it... i mean real androidmarket apps... can we root it? if we do will it ruin the relationship with the printer? hmmm... i am trying to do the beta 2.2 and it won't offer me the update now button... it only offers cancel or update later... thanks!!!

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You folks really need to do a simple google search with the exact words in this thread.

And you would get many results, like....

[Q] HP Zeen C150 Tablet - xda-developers

Full Root for HP Zeen (C510 printer tablet)(5-25-11) - xda-developers

http://eb-productions.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=hpzad&action=display&thread=297 (maybe a full root)

It seems at best, you may only get a partial root, but it seems some folks have been able to install Android Market and a few apps that require root.

As with losing the printer, I would say that it should still communicate as you haven't really messed with the rom or any of the support apps.

Last edited:

Jodigurl

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I did do a Google search and this is one of them I found... so assuming anything on others isn't very nice... I very much appreciate your help on this though... I love these forums and have helped me several times... I will look into these links and then post back on the success or not on them... again thank you!

You folks really need to do a simple google search with the exact words in this thread.

And you would get many results, like....

[Q] HP Zeen C150 Tablet - xda-developers

Full Root for HP Zeen (C510 printer tablet)(5-25-11) - xda-developers

EB-Productions - Rooting the HP Zeen (simple full root) (maybe a full root)

It seems at best, you may only get a partial root, but it seems some folks have been able to install Android Market and a few apps that require root.

As with losing the printer, I would say that it should still communicate as you haven't really messed with the rom or any of the support apps.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I did do a Google search and this is one of them I found... so assuming anything on others isn't very nice... I very much appreciate your help on this though... I love these forums and have helped me several times... I will look into these links and then post back on the success or not on them... again thank you!

No problem. Let us know how it worked out.

It's not a matter of "assumption", but more so, about people who haven't even researched anything, expecially when it comes to rooting and custom Roms. The forums here are great, and a lot of us, are more than willing to share knowledge when the need arises.

We're not all experts on all devices, but know enough to lead people in the right direction. And Google, is usually the first place we hit ;)

As for myself, I have a low tolerance sometimes, and perhaps I was a bit too "rash". ;) maybe...

But, as with others here, we will toss in our 2 cents worth.

And as always, it's better to ask a question beforehand if you don't understand a procedure, rather than fubar the device. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon