Demo Stub App, how can I remove it?

A

AC Question

Demo Stub problem

I just got a notification, by McAfee, saying I need to remove Demo Stub Version tmous 1.1. I tried to unistall it but McAfee says it can't remove it. Then I went to download other security type apps, such as Norton and Avast, however when I scan with these apps nothing pops up. I did go into my app settings and found Demo Stub in my apps however I can't remove the thing I can only disable it. Is there any way to remove this thing? Should i just go into my service provider and have everything reset?

A

AC Question

Why can't I remove the Demo Stub app?

When I checked my Samsung Galaxy S6 this morning, I had a critical notification from Mcafee that stated that I had an app called demo stub. I clicked remove to get rid of the app which brings me to a box that says uninstall. The very next page says Uninstall unsuccessful. Mcafee says it is a medium threat risk. I did a factory reset on my phone, lost everything but it's still there. While trying to find a solution I noticed someone else had pretty much posted the same question but never received an answer. Can someone please help with this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Demo Stub problem

Welcome to Android Central! I think that was a false positive from McAfee. Demo Stub usually refers to the remnant of a demo app on the phone (for display purposes) that was subsequently uninstalled, leaving behind a "stub" of the original app.

This thread from ESET (a well-respected security company) confirms that it's a false positive: https://forum.eset.com/topic/4489-demo-stub/

Since it's a system app, you can't remove it, unless you root the device.

A

AC Question

How do I get demo hub uninstalled from my f as lacy S6?

I have McCaffrey app on my phone as well as my other devices no problems with it it keeps on warning me of demo have on my phone and when it when I try to uninstall it tells me its unable to uninstall. How do I get this off my phone I have a samsung galaxy s6 please help

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: How do I get demo hub uninstalled from my f as lacy S6?

Are you saying that you have a demo version of McAfee installed and you'd like to uninstall it?

Or is this demo something else?

Where are you seeing this popup?

What were you doing when you first saw it?

Is McAfee listed in your apps?

Dyimond

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: How do I get demo hub uninstalled from my f as lacy S6?

I have McAfee for protection. I downloaded a game and the McAfee popped up with a message that said Demo hub was a threat on my phone. When I tried to uninstalled it after McAfee alerted it, it wouldn't allow me to..? Unsure how to get it off ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670