1st droid - Vibrant 4G, Thunderbolt, or a free Mytouch 4G

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ive had a blackberry forever and am finally getting a droid. Im curently with t mobile and theyre giving free phones out this weekend so i was planning on getting the mytouch4g. I saw that the thundrbolt comes out on the 24th and the Vibrant 4G on the 23rd, both of which id have to pay for.

Are the latter two that much better than the mytouch? Since ive never had a droid, im not sure if what the new ones will have are worth thr couple hundred. Thanks.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It depends on what carrier you want to go with. They are all good phones and it comes down to your carrier of choice. If you stick with t-mo, I would say vibrat4g but if you want to switch to VZW then thunderbolt.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Free is Free and though the Vibrant and the TBolt are both great phones the MyTouch is by no means a bad or out of date device. Save your money, especially if TMo has good coverage in your area. Let’s face it - $200 buys a lot of calls/data!

Just my $0.02

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I love HTC handsets and the MyTouch4G for free is an awesome deal, especially since the Thunderbolt will probably be 249.99. I'd choose what carrier you want first.

Sent from my HTC EVO with Tapatalk Pro

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I second PvilleComp, those phones are all about the same, the MyTouch is just a bit older. I'd save your money and pick that one up.

Oh BTW, it's Android, unless the phone is Droid branded :)

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The phone cost should be at the bottom of your concerns. You're going to spend about $1,000 per year in service for as long as you own the phone. If you keep your phone for 2 years, your talking about $8 per month. If the $200 is a big issue, you're probably better off staying away from data plans anyway.

Focus on service first and go with whoever had the best 3G coverage in your area (including places you travel too...even your grandma's house). If verizon is the best provider, I'd consider waiting until late spring on the duel processor Bionic. Whatever you choose, they are all great phones and miles ahead of RIM (I was long time BB user and could never go back).

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you guys. I've had great service with T Mobile and went with the Mytouch. I probably would've waited for the Thunderbolt but with the iPhone on Verizon now, I'm not too sure their network will remain as solid as it's been with the extra traffic.

Ls, thanks for the heads up. I thought all the phones were androids and droid was short for it.

Now that I have this phone, I've got a lot to learn. Any advice is appreciated on general settings I should change or apps to download. Is there a program I should download for my PC to allow me to sync the phone with my comp? Thanks.

Also, I have a new voicemail notification even though I already listened to my voicemail and don't have any more. Even when I clear the notifications, the new voicemail notification stays. I've tried restarting the phone but it's still there. Any ideas?

Last edited:

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks but that doesnt work. This is so frustrating.

Edit: This phone is so awesome, I called T Mobile and switched the phones so they're on the opposite line as before (I got this phone as a second line). After switching the sim cards, the voicemail icon is now on my other phone (blackberry) so I'm assuming it's a sim issue.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781