Audio bluetooth control with multiple app nightmare!

IcerC

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a problem.
Help!

Over bluetooth my palm pre would play the last played audio (whether Dr. Podder, Music remix etc)

My android phone will play the default music app no matter what when I press play on my bluetooth stereo. (which would be ok if the music app wasn't complete crap)

I have beyondpod for podcasts and this works over bluetooth as long as I press play on the phone first.

I have Music Player Pro(awesome app!) but it won't play unless I turn on a setting "headset override"

But with that on, Beyond pod has no control.

Luckly Music Play Pro has another setting under that "Only override when Player pro is active"

But, the app is always active cause this is android.

So each time I want to use beyondpod I have to goto Player Pro>Hit menu>close

And still everytime I press play on my stereo the default music app rears its ugly disjointed ui.

:sigh:

Thanks!

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my original Moto Droid. I use Mixzing for my music player. Only in the last couple of weeks has the problem with the default music player taking over shown up. If I manually play in Mixzing, then it works fine with the the bluetooth controls. However, if no player is going, the default player starts.

The frustrating part is that there are no setting options in the default player. So, there appears to be no way to turn it off. This must have happened in the last system update.

I'd love an explanation of what happened and why!

It would be nice if future versions of the OS allowed for multiple app controls with bluetooth, remembering the last used app for priority control. I use several different audio apps depending on the need (Mixzing, Pandora, TuneIn Radio, etc.).

For now, I'd settle for a fix for this one problem. Anyway to override the default bluetooth music player controls or set a default program?

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I would be willing to bet that you could accomplish this with Tasker (and a bit of elbow grease). You may need to include Titanium Backup in the mix (and be rooted) to freeze unwanted apps, but I don't think so.

Tasker can automate detecting and switching almost anything...some easier than others, and some "cleaner" than others, but while you're waiting for the Android devs to engineer the options/settings you're looking for, it might be worth your while.

-AJ

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers