My shortcut icons keep disappearing, any ideas why?

A

AC Question

I have an Alcatel OneTouch View 5.0, unrooted/modded in any way (wouldn't have a clue how to!)

I have various shortcuts, like most people, on the home screens and stuff. For some reason any shortcut that I have for an app stored on my SDcard will disappear after my phone switched off for the night, or at random intervals during the day.

Anything stored in the internal memory is fine, shortcuts stay where I put them, just not the SDcard. The apps are there, and run with no issue, but I would like my shortcuts to stay put.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried a different SD card? If the same thing happens, it might be a glitch in the Alcatel firmware.

Salk

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Finally managed to register properly. Thank you, B. Diddy, for your response and welcome.

I can't remember if I had the issue with the original SD card, but I asked my husband to move a program to his SD card and see what happens with his shortcuts - he has the same phone. Same thing happened, so we're going with the problem being a glitch. Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae