My phone says False has stopped working, so what is this app?

A

AC Question

I keep getting a message that says "unfortunately, false has stopped". I went to my settings & to the Application manager & went to the false app & cleared the Cache & it goes to zero. Then I keep getting the message & go back to the app & it is not a zero & has changed back to 12.00KB.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? It's not uncommon for a small amount of cached data to re-accumulate immediately. Is this a preinstalled app? In the App Manager, does it give you an option to Uninstall, or only Disable?

A

AC Question

s4 coming up (false stoped ) wot is this?

It coming on screen every time I use

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: s4 coming up (false stoped ) wot is this?

Welcome.

I have not heard of that message. Could you post a screenshot of it?

A

AC Question

True or false has stopped working on android phone. Virus?

I keep getting a message on my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone that says, " Unfortunately, true/false has stopped working. At first the message said, "Unfortunately, true has stopped working." Now it is saying, "Unfortunately, false has stopped working. It pops up with all of my apps when in use.I have no apps with these names. I can't find anything on the web about this annoyance .I'm guessing it is a virus. Anyone else having this problem? How do I get rid of it?

A

AC Question

False stopped working?? What??

On my dads phone it keeps saying false has stopped working what do i do to fix this?

A

AC Question

What does" False has stopped working" mean it comes up on my screen when I use my Samsung phone

When I open my phone and go into a program it says " unfortunately false has stopped " and gives the option to report or ok. I have clicked report and sent it, nothing has changed, when I click ok it disappears . My phone is continuing to function ok.

xdevs23

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: What does" False has stopped working" mean it comes up on my screen when I use my Samsung phone

Can you post a logcat?

Maybe using Terminal Emulator or adb shell with this command:

logcat -s AndroidRuntime:* dalvikvm:* false:*>/sdcard/logcat.txt

And when your message "unfortunately false has stopped" appears again, close terminal emulator or use CTRL+C to abort the command and post the content of your logcat.txt located in /sdcard here.

Linda Lanz

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: True or false has stopped working on android phone. Virus?

This has been happening on my galaxy tablet too lately. I have no idea what to do about it.

Barb Dykshorn

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: My phone says False has stopped working, so what is this app and what do I do?

My phone says False has stopped. What do I do, and is this app necessary, or can I uninstall it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My phone says False has stopped working, so what is this app and what do I do?

Merged a number of threads.

Mp3chic

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: What does" False has stopped working" mean it comes up on my screen when I use my Samsung phone

My mother was having the same issue. I took her word there was no False app on her phone and a quick look at shortcuts showed none, did some googling, found this thread, downloaded TE in hopes to provide you with the info you've requested, opened TE, continued with business as usual trying to replicate the error. Decided to check the application manager, realized it was listed as a download app and since others have reported it as built in, I gather it's [from] a Samsung update. I couldn't find any solid info on the app and I didn't actually run it, I just deleted it which of course stopped the message from occurring. I was going to capture the TE info for you anyway, and realized I never actually ran the command (easily distracted, Derrr Sorry. Anywho, sorry to say I didn't gather any solid evidence for you. I didn't check to see if the app was running, I didn't open it, I just deleted it and all is right in the world.

rekadens

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I was having this problem on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. Every time I would turn it on it would say "Unfortunately true has stopped" and I would have to click OK 4 or 5 times. I tried clearing the cache of all my apps, but the message still kept popping up. Later I noticed my Facebook app kept crashing when I opened it. I force closed it and was able to re open it, but the message was still popping up. Finally, I uninstalled the Facebook app and the message stopped. I did not reinstall it because I really don't use it much on my tablet. Anyway, possible fix may be to uninstall and reinstall apps that may be stuck in an error state.

Silver342

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
I have also been getting this false has stopped working" message. It looks like this app is the Facebook messenger program. I updated to the latest version and it seems to have resolved the error. It hasn't been long, but I'm hopeful!
If you are unsure, go to your application manager and get the version number of the false app, go to your browser and search for false [version #].

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae