New, strange group chat problem.

kquilz

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I am having a very strange issue while group chatting on my new 6p. First of all, group chatting doesn't work at all on WiFi (Verizon, BTW). I've been scouring threads to figure that out, but it always seems to lead into an argument about what carrier is better. The actual issue I'm having right now is that every group message I receive in the native messenger app is received both in the group chat and the individual chat thread. Even stranger still, is how it appears in the individual chat as a "MMS download failed" error. And it gives a new error for every group text sent. As you can imagine, a ten minute group chat session leads to several ruined individual threads, covered in dozens of "MMS download failed" error messages. Anyone else having this? Is there a fix besides downloading a secondary texting app? Thank you in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your mobile data on? Group texts are converted to MMS, and require mobile data to be on.

kquilz

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Mobile data is on. Using chomp SMS solved both problems, but I don't like how I have to use an alternate app to do something like send and receive a text message.

mcsolar

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I am encountering the same issue -- the native app won't thread messages sent to a group. I researched and installed Textra, but found (1) it won't send a group text in MMS at all, and (2) it doesn't thread replies to a group text sent in SMS. So I'm right back where I started.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1