What is the best mobile for phone calls?

John Garnett

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
What is the best mobile of all makes for making calls? Which has the best, most sensitive 'radio' system?

I have had 3 x Moto G's. All have worked in a rather rural area. I bought an HTC M8s and it loses connection whilst the Moto's all stay connected. All side by side and on O2 (UK). I installed a Network Signal Strength app and by comparison the HTC is way down on the Motos for reception.

Is there anyone testing the call sensitivity? I can't buy any phone I fancy, test it and find it's down on reception! Please help before I make another expensive mistake!
Thank you
JohnG

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Motorola is known for great radios. Also experienced the M8's lack of sensitivity after having a Moto Droid Bionic. I haven't done any real testing, but I just got the LG G4, and its reception seems to be on par with the Bionic. In one of the buildings I frequent, the M8 would get about one bar on a good day. Sometimes it'd go out completely. The Bionic and G4 both get 4 bars easy in there.

I can only speak to those three phones, though. Not sure how LG's reception is across all models and such.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I think that a Motorola phone could be your best option. I'm using the X Play right now and I spend weekends in a place with poor cell signal. It never fails to connect and comparing with others friends and relatives phones the X Play has the best signal most of the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463