Play store keeps crashing

peweuk

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased an android device for my car.
It is a Chinese product which has a dashcam and satnav built in to a rearview mirror.

It came without Google play installed, so I downloaded the play APK V5.12.9 from APK Mirror and installed it.
When I first ran Play it asked me to sign in and gave me access to my apps, but when I tried to install one Play crashed.
When I restarted it it came up with the error 'Check your connection and try again', but every time I try id comes up with the same message.

The android version is 4.0.4 and I believe it is a rom custom to the product manufacturer as it does not appear to have all the android features I am familiar with.

The other problem is that I can browse the net (including Google search etc) with no problem, but as soon as I access play in my browser it slows to a halt and freezes.

Has anyone any ideas what the problem may be.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it have Google Play Services installed? If it didn't have the Play Store, it probably isn't certified for Google Play, and therefore doesn't have Play Services. You could try looking for that apk and installing it, but there's no guarantee it'll work.

peweuk

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks BD -

I do find it strange that the devic was listed on my Google account as soon as I installe PlayStore and logged in, and PlayStore and works - until I try and download/install an app.

I'll try and find the apk and try it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan