Hello - searched but couldn't find mention of this anywhere. When I got up this morning, I had the message shown below. No idea what app is giving me this, and I am reluctant to press it. I have a Samsung S6 on Verizon, with 5.1.1 installed and all offered patches applied, not rooted. The only GPS related app I have is GPS Status, which I've had installed on my various phones for years. It did just update two days ago, but when I go into the app from the app drawer, the popup doesn't go away - which I expect it would if the message came from GPS Status.

Got a pop-up message "GPS Privacy your privacy is compromised!"-screenshot_2015-11-08-07-43-00.jpg

Update: There is an app called GPS Privacy and it has the same icon as shown, but I don't have it installed. I note that the author "Shumoapp" is the same as for the app Disable Increasing Ring which I do use. I did press the popup, and it is indeed adware saying that my pictures have my GPS location and it is offering to install the free app to fix that. Wish I could do without the Disable Increasing Ring app.
    11-08-2015 08:33 AM
    Is it possible for you to turn off notifications for the disable increasing ring app and still use it? That would likely stop the ad, but I'm not familiar with the app or what it does.
    11-08-2015 12:10 PM
    Is it possible for you to turn off notifications for the disable increasing ring app and still use it? That would likely stop the ad, but I'm not familiar with the app or what it does.
    Nope - the app doesn't have any settings for notifications as it doesn't have any notifications I am aware of (other than the damn adware). Samsung was supposedly either doing away with the increasing ring or providing a way to disable it, but never has.
    11-08-2015 05:44 PM
    I got looking and you can disable notifications from any app in app manager. I disabled it, and this should not only eliminate the adware, it also did away with the perpetual message which supposedly was required to ensure that the app kept running. Turns out it isn't required if you disable notifications.
    11-08-2015 05:52 PM
    I know this is a bit late, but tonight, I got the same message. No idea who or what was causing it so searched here and this has to be exactly it. I have uninstalled Disable Increasing Ringtone app since it doesn't seem to be working lately anyway and I don't like apps that do anonymous popups and ads like that.

Thanks for the help!
    12-16-2015 05:28 PM