Nexus 6P vs Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge if they were the same price?

A

AC Question

I wanted the shiny new S6 Edge when first looking into Android phones (coming from iPhone), but opted to wait and see what the two new nexus phones would be like, expecting to maybe want the new 5. Once the 6P came out and I started reading reviews, I was smitten. I figured that the battery life and far more value from money meant that it was the obvious choice over the S6.

As I was about to buy the 6P, we realised that the phone company only stocked the 32GB model and we'd have to buy the 64GB Nexus 6P outright from google – it's horrifically priced at $999 in Australia, compared to the iPhone-priced 64GB S6 at $1100.

The phone company, however, offered a deal for a 128GB S6 Edge on contract for the same price as the 32GB model, which is slightly cheaper than what the 64GB Nexus 6P would cost if we bought it outright and got an inferior phone plan over the two years.

So my question – many of the points that go to the 6P are based on its value for money, as it is a similar package to the S6 for much cheaper. However, if the phones were equally priced, like in my situation, which would you choose? I'm worried about the battery life of the S6 – however I'm coming from and iPhone 4S that barely makes it 3/4 of the day from old age. And I would prefer the slightly less huge screen of the 6S, especially since I'm coming from a 3.5" screen.
What are your thoughts on the situation? I'm still in love with the 6P but is the S6 Edge offer too good to pass up? What would you choose? Is the battery life really that bad on the S6?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty