Is my smart lockscreen working properly? (Android 6)

Jeremias Bermudez

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
When I want to manually lock the screen I have to touch the little padlock and keep my finger for a little moment... Is that normal? I remember that in Android 5 the lock function was simply instant, is the delay normal in Android 6???

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
When I want to manually lock the screen I have to touch the little padlock and keep my finger for a little moment... Is that normal? I remember that in Android 5 the lock function was simply instant, is the delay normal in Android 6???

Welcome to Android Central!

Try looking in your lock screen options to see if there is a lock delay set. If there it change it to instant.

Jeremias Bermudez

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I did it but there is no change, I will try with my brother Moto G with Lollipop if there is a delay too when re lock the screen, Im sure that It used to be instant, maybe now it has a little delay to avoid accidentally lock the screen; I noticed it when I was outside and turn on my screen for a fully lock (I was in public transport so I lock the screen that way cuz I use motion sense) and when I arrived to my home the phone was still unlocked.