Why do people still believe the only way to tether is by rooting?

Cretz

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the OP doesn't want to root...that's cool, don't do it. Others like the deeper level of control over the device they paid for, so they root...that's cool too.

We call this, get ready for it, here it comes...choice.

Do whatever you want to your phone and don't waste other's time trying to convince them it's what they should do as well.

Go read the rest of the thread before you jump to conclusions.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Go read the rest of the thread before you jump to conclusions.

I did read it and the only thing I get from it is that you seem to want to argue with every one. It's great if you have a carrier that you can tether on for free, but most of us don't, so we root.

Cretz

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I did read it and the only thing I get from it is that you seem to want to argue with every one. It's great if you have a carrier that you can tether on for free, but most of us don't, so we root.

You are either lying or have reading comprehension issues because I've stated I'm rooted and using CM6.1.1.

r2dtoo

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't PDAnet allow you to tether without root? I am rooted, and have Wireless Tether, but still tend to use PDAnet more.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
PDAnet as well as others do allow you to do it. But 95% of them require a charge. Rooting and wifi tether does not.
But you can still wifi tether through your carrier for a charge.