Moved app to SD card and back to internal SD, it doesn't work anymore, what can I do?

A

AC Question

Moved app to SD card and back to internal SD, it doesn't work anymore

I own a LG-P768e which runs OS4.1. Recently, I rooted my phone and replaced the external SD card with a larger partitioned one. I used Link2SD to link a downloaded app to the internal storage in the partitioned SD.

Today, I went to Setting -> Apps and accidentally moved that app to the external storage part of the partitioned SD card. After this, I immediately moved it back to internal storage but the error message "Unfortunately, [app name] has stopped" showed up. Since then, the app has failed to start even after I uninstalled and reinstalled and restarted the phone several times. Link2SD shows that the app's library files are not there.

Did the move corrupt files that caused the app to not be able to run anymore? Is there any way I can solve this problem other than a factory reset?

Thanks for reading and please help if you can!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moved app to SD card and back to internal SD, it doesn't work anymore

You can try clearing the cache of the app (system settings > applications > app > clear cache) and see if that allows you to move it back to the SD card without any errors. Otherwise, you may need to uninstall it then reinstall and and move it back to the SD card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance