My device is a Samsung Galaxy Tab Docomo Model SC-01C OS Gingerbread
    When i go to settings to update my device it says i don't have a sim card, i indeed don't have a sim card.

How do i upgrade my device to Ice Cream Sandwhich without bricking it?
    If i do brick it will a factory reset reset it back to normal?

I installed Kies and it tells me that my firmware is the latest version is this the latest version for this device? Where is the firmware for Ice Cream Sandwhich?

If i can't upgrade my device what apps can i install to make it faster?
    11-25-2015 04:48 AM
    Does anything here help?
    11-25-2015 05:08 AM
    After looking for tutorials for 3 days I have come to the conclusion that it just ain't worth it, even the guide you mentioned doesn't have the ice cream sandwhich ROM which means I have to go through even more steps just to install it, at the end of the day the store will know that it's rooted due to files being scattered everywhere if I do decide to return it.

I fixed the problem by installing Opera Mini and Dolphin Zero, the browsers were taking up 90% CPU causing the tablet to crash, the holo launcher was a nice touch too.

To those deciding to upgrade their tablet through their computer using third party software, don't do it, cause once I combine the two tutorials there are over 20 steps to follow and one wrong move can smoke your device or void your warranty, I tried to see whether I could upgrade my tablet by buying a sim card but it appears this is the latest version.

The only thing that impresses me is the battery life, I'm still deciding on whether to return it.
    MikeCorsten likes this.
    11-26-2015 04:50 AM