Hi there,

Hubby got his first Android phone yesterday. This is something I *never* thought would happen, him giving up his flip phone. But he forgot the flip at home when he left on Sunday so stopped at Walmart in another state and grabbed himself a Straight Talk phone because he *has* to have a phone. About two hours later I get a phone call and he's giggly, in LOVE with his new little toy and wants to keep it. He'd grabbed an LG Lucky (cutest darn itty bitty phone I've ever seen!) just to get by with. By the end of the day he called to say "I want a bigger phone!" !!!!!!!!!! He got in yesterday and we hit Walmart, he's moved up to a Straight Talk Samsung Grand Prime and I'll be getting Straight Talk to port over his # from VZW and dumping the dumb phone off the VZW account that I'll keep. I swear I never thought I'd see Android in his life as long as I live!

I need to figure out how to add him to MY Play Store account without him then getting my email in his GMail. He's not an email person and so doesn't plan to use email except for maybe in an emergency or urgent something or other. But then again, he was never an Android guy either .... so I can't say never.

What's the best way to do this to restrict the email addy I sign him up for Play Store to being able to use it for JUST the Play Store? I use POP not IMAP mail so if he accidentally were to get my mail - I wouldn't get it and that's what I don't need to happen.

Thanks!
    11-25-2015 06:27 AM
    I do not understand can you perhaps explain, in jip and janneke language?
    What language is that?

I need to set up access for my husband to the Play Store on his new phone. I want his access set so it uses my Play Store account without using my email address on his phone.
    11-25-2015 06:43 AM
    You can spoof a device in your Google play account only a handsets of devices with market helper and it requires root, Market Helper – spoof your Android device to download incompatible apps from the Android Market
    Thank you but I don't root.
    11-25-2015 06:44 AM
    He doesn't need an email account. We have too many already that I'm slowly reducing. I want the payments to come out of my PayPal account and not have to set up another PayPal account.
    11-25-2015 06:49 AM
    I just did it "the long way" ... thanks all.
    11-25-2015 10:21 AM
    I just did it "the long way" ... thanks all.
    Hi. How did you solve this?

Thanks
    01-13-2016 05:38 PM
    Hi. How did you solve this? Thanks
    It's been awhile but what I did was (I think!) to add his email address to my PayPal account so that his phone can access the Play Store account. Hope that helps.

Deb
    01-13-2016 05:49 PM