I have the Moto X (2013).

I cannot stand Lollipoop. With Lollipoop, Google wrecked the stock email app that was in KitKat, replading the email app with a gmail interface. The stock email app in Kit Kat worked better with Exchange email accounts and multiple email accounts.

I have resisted upgrading for over 1 year. But, I am getting constant interruptions telling me there is new software for Moto X. Don't care to upgrade to Lollipoop or Mashmallow.

Thoughts? I have heard that several upgrades Motorola rushed several upgrades that turnd out FUBAR.

I think my options are simply

1--get the iPhone 6s rather than deal with the Google email nonsense. WIth IOS, I would get normal email without being forced into the gmail-type interface?

2---The other option may be to root my Moto X (2013). I have rooted before, but I don't have time to find the all the ulitities/software to root a phone that old.

What risks am I running by not upgrading at all? Really like the Moto X running Kitkat.
    11-26-2015 03:09 PM
    Lollipop is awesome

He who attacks first always wins
    11-26-2015 03:09 PM
    But, as awesome as Lollipoop might be, I don't like the gmail-style email app and the removal of the stock email app that was in Kitkat. So, I am leaning toward either rooting to get rid of that or just simply giving up on Android after 5 years and moving to IOS.
    11-26-2015 03:44 PM
    Holding off on the iPHone 6s for now (now quickcharging and now OIS on the camera).

Broke down and rooted my phone and then installed an app to free the Motorola Update Services app. Stuck happily on 4.4.4 with the stock Kitkat email app.

Rooting is so time-consuming. . .

Great AC podcast today on the history of Android.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-27-2015 06:42 PM