How do I hard reset my daughter 9" tagital tablet pc with keyboard attachment?

A

AC Question

My daughter has entered the wrong unlock pattern close to 500 times. I have searched all over for a way to hard reset it that ACTUALLY works. I've done the volume + and power button. I've done the volume- and power button. I've tried to log on to the google account related to the tablet and it doesn't recognize because we CAN'T log onto a wifi or data account because it's locked. I've pressed the button in the pin hole on the back of the tablet. There is no "home button" unless the tablet is actually on the home screen. I'm am at my whits end with this dilemma. She's has only had it 3 days and there's no answers that actually help. Maybe I'm missing something. Please SOMEONE help!!! I'm so afraid I just wasted another $60

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Power off first, then try pressing and holding Power, Vol Up and Vol Down all together until the tablet either brings you to a Recovery Menu or the normal lockscreen. If you get the Recovery Menu, then select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.

Last edited:

ashlimathews86

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I've even tried pushing both volume buttons and the power button all at the same time and still nothing. Can I go through my phone and remotely unlock it through her google account somehow?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've even tried pushing both volume buttons and the power button all at the same time and still nothing. Can I go through my phone and remotely unlock it through her google account somehow?

No, unfortunately not. The Android Device Manager can remotely lock or wipe a device, but can't remotely unlock a device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34