Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 - SM-G388F - Black screen. What do I do?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 - SM-G388F - Black screen

Hello and thanks in advance for the eventual answers.

I have a 2 months old Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 - SM-G388F phone. Yesterday, after perfect functioning and I would assume about 20-30% of battery left (or at least that is what it showed) my phone went dead. After I returned home, left it to charge for about 6-7 hours, tried again nothing.

The symptoms:

1. BLACK SCREEN (no buttons light up or anything).
2. When I press the power button it will VIBRATE ONCE but it will not show anything on display.
3. I have tried all the internet solutions that I have seen so far of Power + Volume down, Power + Volume up + Home, Taking the battery out for 10 minutes while keeping the phone with the finger pressed on Power for 2 minutes etc.
4. The phone will not show the recovery mode / factory data reset on its screen.
5. Once again, whatever I try, the only interaction I receive back is the short vibration when I start it.
6. This morning I was once able to get the display starting (if I remember well Power + Volume Up + Home) but without SD Card and Sim Card in it so at that moment the software got blocked and I was unable to do anything.

Any suggestion, advice is highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Vlad

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 - SM-G388F - Black screen

Welcome to Android Central! Batteries can be defective and fail unexpectedly. Try a new or different battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781