Upgrade from KitKat to 5.1, Is KitKat totally removed?

A

AC Question

Upgrade from kitkat to 5.1, Is kitkat totally removed?

Does the previous android OS get removed when a newer update gets installed. I use a Samsung Galaxy grand prime and had kitkat version on it. last night I accidently upgraded to lollipop 5.1 ,but it works good so far with no complaints or major changes. My question is, is the old Kitkat 4.44 still in files on my phone or was it absorbed and removed. If im not using the old anymore and its still on my phone, then id like to delete it and give myself more room on internal memory. I heard that once a new update is installed that it will continue to be the primary OS even after a factory reset. If that's true, would it benefit me to do so and remove any possible fragments of kitkat left behind?

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Upgrade from kitkat to 5.1, Is kitkat totally removed?

Yes, as far as I know the old OS is gone. I don't think you can look for it to delete. It's like a file that has been deleted and the space is marked empty on a HDD.

Radiopunk

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for responding. Im thinking the same. And no need to fac reset and deal with the drama lol. lollipop 5.1 apparently has greatly improved since 5.0 from what I have read. Im not having no issues. Your profile pic is great, reminds me when I was stationed in key west. Miss the water. Have a blessed night and thanks again

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for responding. Im thinking the same. And no need to fac reset and deal with the drama lol. lollipop 5.1 apparently has greatly improved since 5.0 from what I have read. Im not having no issues. Your profile pic is great, reminds me when I was stationed in key west. Miss the water. Have a blessed night and thanks again

Yes 5.1 is pretty solid and reliable.

I've been to Key West once. I took a photo at the most southern point. Nice quiet place as long as it's not hurricane season. haha

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463