As a first time Android user, what phone should I get?

A

AC Question

As a first time android user, what phone should I get?

I am a long time Windows phone user, I want to try android. But I don't want to pay more than $400-$500 for a phone now.

The things that important for me are:

- Display
- Camera
- Being fast and fluid

I had wireless charging and NFC on my Lumias for last 2-3 years but never used them, not sure if it's the same for android or not, so they are not high priority for me.

I've seen oneplus 2 and it seems a nice phone, what do you think? Or should I get Nexus 5?

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The Nexus 5X is definitely worth considering. Excellent screen and camera, and smooth performance, from what I've read (and also heard from some of my Ambassador colleagues here), for a very reasonable price. Support will likely be much better from Google than from OnePlus.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: As a first time android user, what phone should I get?

Yeah, the Nexus 5X is a very good option. What about the Moto X Style/Pure Edition? If camera is very important for you maybe you should consider the LG G4.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The 6P is the top-of-the-line flagship Nexus phone. Pretty much every review points to it as being superior in almost every respect to the 5X, but the question is if you really need to spend around $200 more for a phone. The screen is larger, of course, and is AMOLED, which means the colors are more vivid (although there's also risk for screen burn-in). It's the same camera, except that the 6P's camera software allows for 240 fps slow-motion video recording, which the 5X can't do. The battery's bigger, but I'm not sure how much better battery life is. The metal body gives it a premium look and feel, but it's also more slippery than the 5X's plastic body.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power