How do I increase the volume of a text message notification?

A

AC Question

How to increase volume of text message notification

OK - I give up. Is it possible to increase the volume of the notification sound for incoming text messages, or only choose between them?

I get maybe 5 messages per day, and they're almost always important, so I want to hear them. The choices of the various whispers and gentle coughs I am offered are such that I can only ever hear an incoming text when my phone vibrates on a hard surface - I have NEVER heard the text notification sound. That is just plain ridiculous. Help?!

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to increase volume of text message notification

Welcome to Android Central.

Have you verified that you are turning up the notification volume and not just the ringtone volume?

Do you see a gear icon next to the slider when using the side rocker buttons to turn the ringer volume up? If so tap that gear icon and you should get several more slider options for ringer, notifications, system, and media.

If not, check on your sound setting options.

elizabeth graham

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central.

Have you verified that you are turning up the notification volume and not just the ringtone volume?

Do you see a gear icon next to the slider when using the side rocker buttons to turn the ringer volume up? If so tap that gear icon and you should get several more slider options for ringer, notifications, system, and media.

If not, check on your sound setting options.
I've got all turned up all the way

JenkinsEar

Nov 6, 2018
Visit site

So was this ever resolved? I have the same problem here on Pixel 3, exactly 2 years later. I miss all my text arrivals due to low volume of notification. Other notifications are at a usable level. And yes, I have done all the recommended stuff above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech