View Poll Results: How do you have your multiple accounts working?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep all accounts, including email on device

0 0%
  • I have taken the plunge and repurchased previous apps

1 100.00%
  • I keep original account for app purchases but that's it

0 0%
  • Wish Google would allow people 1 time transfer and give you a window to deactivate old account

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Curious how many of you still hang on to your old email account to avoid purchasing apps again if you have a new account?
    I have and old vanity email from when google was in beta and all apps have been purchased through that. I want to eventually phase out of that account, but realized it's a 120.00 swing in app purchases.

Right now I have my old account for youtube, music manager and apps.

My new account has my new G+ profile, drive, calendar, contacts, etc.

I am in the process of transferring my youtube account, but just wondering if any have bitten the bullet or still remain with a few accounts on your device. I am trying to build up reward credits to re-purchase apps, but the ones I can live without of course cost a lot less then the ones I use everyday.
    I didn't think it would affect battery life but am not so sure if having 2 accounts on the device, not syncing email with the old one really has an affect on battery.

Right now I have 3 email accounts on my device (2 I have now switched to just forward emails to my new one).

Thoughts?
    12-09-2015 06:47 AM
    I'm not sure if this will be a good workaround but it is worth a try:

1. Go to https://myaccount.google.com/privacy...1#personalinfo (log in to your main Google account, if necessary)
    2. Click the arrow alongside you current GMail address
    3. On the next page, click the Edit link alongside "Other emails"
    4. Add your vanity email address as an Alternate email address
    tony bag o donuts likes this.
    12-09-2015 07:55 AM
    Thanks. I do that now. Was trying to avoid purchasing new copies of apps I have but w all of Google services it gets a bit funky. Some developers are refunding me and I am re purchasing under new name right away. Others no go but I understand.
    Should have done this a long time ago lol.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-09-2015 08:01 AM
    I took the plunge a few years ago (I think when I got my HTC Thunderbolt or it might have even been while I had my first-gen Droid) and just re-purchased the 2 or 3 apps I had paid for at the time.

Transferring purchases are a developer decision, it could be worth an email to the developers to see if they'll give you a code to re-purchase the apps.

Now I have a GApps account (family email) that can access the Play Store, I almost have no need for a Gmail account but I have ALL of my apps linked to the Gmail account.

I have 5 mail accounts syncing on my phone - 3 personal and 2 work. I don't have battery life issues, but I have Marshmallow so once Doze kicks in I don't get new mail notifications.
    12-09-2015 08:02 AM
    I took the plunge a few years ago (I think when I got my HTC Thunderbolt or it might have even been while I had my first-gen Droid) and just re-purchased the 2 or 3 apps I had paid for at the time.

Transferring purchases are a developer decision, it could be worth an email to the developers to see if they'll give you a code to re-purchase the apps.

Now I have a GApps account (family email) that can access the Play Store, I almost have no need for a Gmail account but I have ALL of my apps linked to the Gmail account.

I have 5 mail accounts syncing on my phone - 3 personal and 2 work. I don't have battery life issues, but I have Marshmallow so once Doze kicks in I don't get new mail notifications.
    Thanks. That's what I started doing. I have about 30 to 40 paid apps. A lot from the good old 10 cent dale week and a bunch cause I have so much Google rewards credit. I emailed a lot of developers lol.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-09-2015 09:14 AM