Lost half of contacts when upgrading to new Turbo 2

MasterBroshi

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi Android Centra,

I haven't found anything on google that can help. I am hoping you have some ideas.

Problem:

Upgraded from Droid MAXX (maybe Ultra) to Droid Turbo 2. Droid MAXX's screen is black, cracked, and touch screen is unresponsive. The phone can only be controled via voice.

I lost half of my contacts from 2 specific periods and cannot figure out why or where the rest went.

Periods Explained:

When looking at which contacts I have available, I can see they are from certain time periods (in school/old job contacts) which I can associate with specific devices.

Timeline:
Non-smart phones (2002-2010) -- No Contacts Available
Motorola Droid 2 (2011-2012) -- All Contacts Available
Motorola Droid Bionic (2013-2014) -- No Contacts Available
Motorola Droid MAXX (2014-2015) -- All Contacts Available

If I had everything I added to my MAXX backed up, why wouldn't the rest be backed up too? Especially if you go all the way back to the Droid 2 which has all of its info available to.

Issues Experienced:

When syncing my old apps at the store I had to leave, so I turned the data off to wait until I got home to use wifi. Once it resumed on the wifi, I eventually got an error message along the lines of "Contacts Sync Failed, cannot sync to this device".

I tried to restore google contacts to last week, but that didn't fix anything.

I swear I was able to see all my contacts on the cloud app on my phone (or some other red app that looked like the cloud), and I was trying to pull them down off the cloud, but when I went back eventually the fiile was empty. Is it possible I overrode my old contact list with whatever half new contact list while updating my phone?

I disabled/deleted some apps to clean up, I don't know if any would have been relevant to this, but could be an issue.

Possible solutions:

Can I dump the contacts from my old MAXX to my computer? I just can't find which file they would be stored in. But if I can get them in to a CSV file, I can import them to google contacts.

Can I get the contacts off of my old Bionic somehow (since I cannot access the MAXX)? That should still have everything from the Bionic and older. I just wouldn't want to loose anything from my MAXX if I did this.

Is there any device that would allow me to use an external monitor with my MAXX and also a mouse? I don't think its MHL compatible, which could be an issue.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Here's a guide to accessing a phone with a non-functional screen:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...-locked-phone-cracked-screen.html#post3551602

Apparently you were not saving all your contacts to your Google account. If you can use the guide to access the MAXX, try to export contacts as a .vcf file for sending to a computer and import into Google.

To get the raw contacts file you would have to gain access to the MAXX with root privileges. And the file is, I think, a SQ Lite non-human readable file.

I have no idea about the red cloud thing other than it sounds like some proprietary Verizon app. Maybe you have everything saved there?

MasterBroshi

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I solved it. I went in to the app store and updated "Verizon Cloud" and all my old contacts showed right back up. It must have got cut off the first time when I turned my data off and did not complete. It also was not in the queue for updates with other apps. I had to go to the apps page in the app store and update it there.

Thanks All

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20