Hello, Im looking for some help with choosing a device for my partner.

Please help if you can as I am really confused.

My partner is a postman who listens to music radio on a dab basic personal radio. He is outside so doesn't have access to WiFi.

I wanted to get him a pair of wireless earphones for Xmas but I'm confused as to what device to buy him that supports wireless radio?

He has an android phone but has limited data.

Is there anything out there that would suit?? I don't want to spend a fortune if its not going to work.

Thanks in advance

Michelle
    12-09-2015 01:01 PM
    Welcome.

There are phones that have a built-in FM Radio....in that case, the radio works like any other radio, and would not need either a wifi or mobile data connection. Some carriers or network providers disable this radio, so that if you want to listen to radio, you have to use an FM Radio app (probably already pre-installed by the carrier) and use data to listen. It's therefore better to buy an unlocked version of such a phone, with the FM Radio left enabled.

So there isn't really very much point in buying a phone to use as a radio, if he already has a personal radio, unless you want the advantage of wireless Bluetooth earphones. Any phone supporting Bluetooth would do.

Give us an idea of price and if relevant, preferred brands, so that we can make one or two suggestions.
    12-09-2015 02:44 PM