Picking up another call while talking?

elshaman

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Picking up another call while talking

Hi, guys, this is my first android phone a galaxy note 4, I've been sort of adapting after serveral years of blackberry, wanted to try...

Here is my question, when I'm on a call and get another call I always get asked if I want to put on hold or end up my current call, which is really annoying because I'm a businessperson sometimes I'm even driving and is really though choose while driving.and I loose some calls in the way.

Is there a way to put as usual you pick up a call without been having to choose? I've search the settings and can't find a default option.

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That would seem difficult to implement, because if the setting made an incoming call pick up, then does it wait a few seconds to give you time to tell the current caller that you have another call? Or would there be some other prompt for you to then accept the call (which would still require you to handle the phone)?

elshaman

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
That would seem difficult to implement, because if the setting made an incoming call pick up, then does it wait a few seconds to give you time to tell the current caller that you have another call? Or would there be some other prompt for you to then accept the call (which would still require you to handle the phone)?
Normally on other phones you see the incoming call, tell the person to hold and answer and the call goes on hold or wait...you don't have to choose everytime after answer...

It seems I didn't explain myself well is when I answer that I always have to choose what to do....that makes a couple of seconds more if you got it on the first time also is possible to close the call you intend to put on hold...most of the phones send the call to wait or hold when you answer the new incoming call...

For my taste is ineficient that way...should be always send to hold and give the option to hang up the call on hold in my opinion....I'll post pictures later on...

I don't have the problem to handle the phone, the problem is to choose after answer the new incoming call...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I think I see what you're saying. When I'm on a call and I get call waiting, I'm used to a notification showing the incoming call, and buttons asking if I want to answer it or ignore it (and if I do nothing, then obviously the original call will continue, and the notification will go away once the 2nd caller gives up). (This is on my Nexus 5 and ZenFone 2--and presumably my Nexus 6P as well, although I haven't had it long enough to encounter the issue yet.) That makes sense to me, because it's essentially the same as conventional landline phones, where you still have to choose to answer the 2nd caller by pressing the Flash button. Are you saying that there's an extra step beyond this for you?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer