How to power on my device with a broken power button. (More in the details)

Rubeni Alimasi

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have an old Irulu AK306 tablet. I just want to tweak it and mend it. This is not my main device so there's no hurry really.

My issue is that the power button poped off, not only that, the button on the circuit board is also gone so there is no way to turn in on with a screwdriver or to do a power button+volume button combination to load up the bootloader. I was left with only two button available, up and down Volume button since there is no physical Home button. I tried to do a combination with the two button that I still have left. Not working... Now, the only screen that I can make appear is the charging battery screen.

My question is, can I power on my device (or load the bootloader) with something else than adb, fastboot commands.( My computer does not detect any android devices on battery charging screen) Maybe with a circuit, electricity trick?

I know this isn't obvious but if you tell me there is absolutely no way I'll give up :)

Thank you.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, the answer to that is Nope.

If your device is powered off, it won't respond to any commands since it's not, well, on. But power buttons aren't terribly expensive to replace, so I'm sure that would save you a lot more trouble than trying to figure out which pin to short to turn on (but if you must, you can find the pins where the power button should be mounted and short those two, simulating a button press).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888