Has someone hacked my Samsung calendar?

vicdog

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
I have now had two entries on my Samsung calendar app that I didn't put there. The first one I shrugged off, but another appears on tomorrow's date. What could be the explanation and what should I do about it. I have antivirus protection.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moved to General Help forum. What are the events for? Could they be related to invitations you received via email?

vicdog

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Well, the "haircut with Sandy" that appeared last week was not something I got an email about, that I know of, and I don't have a haircutter named Sandy. And then "pick up puppy!" was a little bizarre, since I have had no dog conversations that I know of.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Any new apps you installed? Perhaps it might be an example event that the app synced with your calendar.

LoganMcGoats

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
I know this thread is about a year old, but there was never a completition of it. So I want to add my own experience. I recently began noticing random events on my own phone calendar. A monthly "Hair 5:15" and picking up people from the dr and fruit pick ups, ect. They go back a couple months, and there are plans logged in for the next couple months. When I click on it, it is said to have been listed by a former friend on mine, my old pastor and his wife. I do not speak with them anymore as we had a pretty aggressive falling out. I have a different email attached to the phone than they ever knew, and I do not have the google account we used to email through, anymore. All I can find online, aside from this uncomplete thread, has to do with spam events like collection millions from an ATM and such. I was wondering if anyone had any idea how this happened/how I can stop it? Having their names pop up after so long has woken a lot of aggression, and I am trying to leave the past behind me.

Fred Leeuewnburgh

Jul 12, 2018
Visit site
I'd like to add my experience with the Samsung Calendar. A few months ago I started getting events added to my calendar automatically. These events are "invitations" to meet women at a particular time usually for hook ups.
Nowhere can I find any information about this let alone how to stop it. Also there's no information listed to contact the developers and an email to Samsung has not been answered.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are these events being added to your Google account calendar, Samsung account calendar, or the local Phone account calendar? My guess is that some shady site got a hold of your email address (associated with either your Google account or your Samsung account) and is sending invites to you. It's unlikely Samsung can help you with that. Have you ever received an invitation notification through Hangouts or some other app from a complete stranger? If you inadvertently or unwittingly accepted that kind of invitation, that might have opened the gate to this kind of thing.

MeliPixie

Sep 29, 2018
Visit site
I am also experiencing random events being input into my calendar. It started about a year ago, and I can't tell you now how many times it has happened because for a while it became a nuisance and I shut off my calendar app notifications.

Now I have started using my calendar for business and events, and I need my notifications. In the past 4 months I have gotten at least 2 notifications for events I did not create myself. Including today, when I got one for a spam event asking me to contact Facebook of all places, about a huge money prize I "won." I don't know

I have attached a screencap of the details of the events in case they are pertinent. I would really like to have this solved because not only is it annoying, it seems like it could become a big security problem down the road. Thanks in advance to anyone able to shed some light on this situation.
decdf75b577239a3395f4f6f9e461912.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084