Samsung Galaxy App, can I uninstall it?

ikedervaals

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy App

Hi android forum team, i just wanna ask about this pre-installed "samsung galaxy app" it keeps updating and it has no auto-update off button, is it ok to uninstall it via titanium backup free version? No side effect on your samsung phone or whatsoever? Thanks in Advance

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy App

Hello! I believe that is Samsung's own App Store. Not sure if it is a good idea to delete. Some of the phone's core functions are updated through this App Store.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Yes it's a Samsung exclusive app store and some of the Samsung apps update via the Galaxy app store. You can disable it with no ill effect to your device. Be advised tho, some apps will not get updates due to this. Also any additional camera modes will not be able to be downloaded with it disabled. Same goes for the "edit" option in the gallery to edit photos.

ikedervaals

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

Hi :D Sydney thanks for the clarification, umm any idea on what kind of phone core or essential functions are updated via samsung app? and is it ok i turn off the auto-update of apps? I just check the settings of samsung galaxy app just now it has two auto updates, one is the samsung galaxy app itself and the other one is the auto-update of apps, i turned the auto-update of apps, is it ok? :) Thanks in Advance

ikedervaals

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

Hi dumpedduce :D thanks for the reply, my idea of disabling it is a bad idea i guess :D. Is it ok to turn off auto-update of apps in the settings of samsung galaxy app? There are two settings of it one is auto update for samsung galaxy app itself, and the other one is the auto update of app, i turn off the auto-update of app is this ok? Thanks in Advance